Happy New Year! I hope 2023 is better for all writers.
Just for fun, I’d like us to boost our own morale. If you are wondering if I will join in, the answer is yes.
1. Get yourself post-it notes, pad of small paper, or make small pieces of paper.
2. Next, get a basket, jar, or another container. A paper lunch bag or plastic bag will do! Remember, this is just for you, so appearance doesn’t count.
3. Write down what you’ve accomplished writing related in 2022 on your paper. As I said before, anything writing related counts.
Did you start that newsletter? Write it down and drop it in your container. Did you finish that bestseller that you worked on in 2022? Did you start your next bestseller or are still working on it? That counts! Did you start a blog or a website? Are you an illustrator who finished illustrating that book? Give yourself a pat on the back and drop it in your container! Did you just break through the proverbial glass ceiling where you can support yourself by writing alone? Congratulations! Did you have an idea for your next masterpiece? Way to go! Are you an editor and edited a book in 2022 (or several)? That counts, so drop it in the container! Have you taken a course in marketing or sold your books at a book fair? That’s writing related, so it counts.
4. Count up the things you’ve accomplished last year, when you’re finished. I think you’ll be surprised at what you did. Seeing your accomplishments will make you feel great!
5. Show the world what you’ve accomplished! I’ll help.
6. Sign up for 'KidzTales News!' on this website’s homepage. There is a spot on my newsletter called Good News! Contact me at email@example.com. Let me know what you’ve done and I’ll print your Good News!